Saturday, November 9, 2013

Smells of the Season.

What's more Thanksgiving-ey than cranberry and sage?
We love this stovetop potpourri for November!


Making a stovetop potpourri is a quick inexpensive way to welcome the cold and make your home smell warm and inviting!


Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and fill with water.  
Place on a low setting burner and enjoy! 
Don't let the water completely evaporate, keep refilling.


One mix stays good for about a week!


This will also make the perfect homemade gift for your Thanksgiving host!


Have fun with the packaging and don't forget to include the instructions!





3 comments:

  1. What a great idea!! I love the smell of FRESH ingredients to fragrance the home as opposed to sprays, etc. And so pretty to. I might just put it in a jar and keep it on my shelf! Thanks so much for sharing on Brag About It! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my lovely! I can practically smell the festive aroma through your beautiful photos. Thanks for linking up with us at the DIY Sunday Showcase!
    Cheers to your and yours,
    Therese @ Fresh Idea Studio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea -- I agree with Therese - I can smell the wonderfully natural scent! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete